Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Semi-addendum

So, we had our "big" ultrasound today, where they take all the baby's measurements, and where they could, if you chose, tell you if you're having a boy or a girl. I believe there are not enough good surprises left in the world, though, so we're keeping that one a surprise. Either way, it's a new human being we put on the planet, so that's pretty neat.
The baby was moving like crazy, except when the tech wanted him or her to scoot over so she could see something in particular. That was pretty funny. The baby yawned and pointed a little finger in the air, that the tech called "the E.T. pose." Bill prefers to call it the "We're Number One". Either way, it was pretty darned cute. I wish you could see faces better on 2d ultrasound, but you really can't. Plus, our child was being a bit camera shy. I saw at least twice a hand in front of the face, and the tech was having problems finding it at all sometimes, I guess he or she was turning their head away from the ultrasound. Stubborn little thing, for all of 15 ounces.
Just thought I'd update, as that was a momentous occasion. I need to go to bed now--school tomorrow. Ta ta.

No comments: