Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Broken Promises...

Wow, I really didn't think that I'd be this tardy on updating my blog. Sad. Oh well, what's three months among friends?

So, I finished my first quarter of grad school at the University of Chicago, and may I say my brain hurt at the end. I'm very glad I am going there, though--the professors are awesome and I am enjoying my classmates. I'm taking next quarter off, however, as I am going to be having a child in the middle of it. Right now my hope is to take one class in the spring so that I won't have to be away from the baby for too long.

Speaking of the baby (as I seem to always be doing lately!), this kid is really running out of room. I am much more frequently uncomfortable in the past few weeks, and although I still feel lots of movements, it's clear that the baby simply doesn't have very many places to go. I have had increasing waking worries and nightly dreams about the baby being born, and I am NOT ready yet. Luckily I have a supportive husband, mom and best friend who are doing their best to calm me down, but I'm obsessed with trying to get everything ready for the baby. I wish I had more energy to go with it though...I'm back to feeling really tired a lot of the time, or if I'm not, my back doesn't tolerate me being on my feet for more than an hour or so. Sigh. But I have washed all my littlest baby clothes and the crib sheets and changing pad covers. Plus I ordered the last few pieces of nursery furniture and got some diapers and associated supplies yesterday. Now I just need the crib mattress and my breast pump and I should be mostly set. Deep breaths.

I guess I should know better than to promise an update in the next few weeks, but I will try my best.

Until then...

2 comments:

Isis the Scientist said...

You are doing just fine. And none of it is as bad as the amount you will stress yourself out over it.

Mimi said...

Ditto....you'll find the reality less stressful than what you are imagining and a LOT more fun!